Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Fireworks

****This card was showCASed for the LIM "Fireworks" challenge****




This week the gals at Less is More are challenging us to make a card with a dark background with a splash of colour(s).


If you saw this POSTING you will remember that I made 22 cards for a recent SCS get together. This is a sample of the cards that I made:


Needless to say...I used the negative for these cards, this left me with 22+ positive images. Since I mess up some of the die cutting (this was before the magic magnetic platform) I had about 26 die cuts! Being extremely frugal with my paper crafting supplies...I couldn't just throw them away.  I used 1.5 die cuts to create this card. Only 24.5 to go!!  Check back to see what I am doing with the remaining die cuts. :-)

Back to creating cards in my Butterfly Garden.

11 comments:

Anita said...

Oh wow, how gorgeous is this, stunning card!
Anita

Beverley said...

WOW! Love this. Hugs Bev x

Debbie said...

Beautiful card!! I'm so impressed when I see a black BG!

Lisa Elton said...

That's my girl using up those precious supplies!! LOVE the pop of color from your flowers on the black card base. Very striking Maire!!

GinaA said...

A stunning way to use up your die cuts.

debby4000 said...

Oh this is brilliant and gorgeous.
luv
Debby

Jessi Fogan said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love how you shaded the flowers - so much depth. And it really pops on the black. Now I'm deadly curious to know what you're doing with the rest!

Chrissie said...

Many apologies for my extremely late visit.
I was at a craft show on Friday and singing in a choral concert on Saturday!
This is gorgeous, the use of shading is terrific.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

lin_ka1 said...

Marie
Gratuluję Ci wyróznienia. Kartka prezentuje się pięknie. Jest elegancka i barwna.
Pozdrawiam
lin_ka

Darnell said...

This is the cleverest card and best use of left-over die cuts that I have ever seen, Marie! So well-deserving of the shoutout from LIM!! Hugs, Darnell

Cathy said...

Beautiful card Marie, fantastic use of your left over diecuts and they are beautifully coloured, Cathy x