Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Merry Month of May @ Flourishes

It's the merry merry month of May and merriment at my house is at at all time high!! I'm even dancing around the Maypole...(don't try to visualize that!!) ...because I have been invited to be the May Guest Designer for the Timeless Tuesday Challenges at Flourishes. I am simply overjoyed to have this wonderful experience and to be in the company of such a talented Design Team.   Enough smiling, giggling and doing the 'happy dance'...on with the card for this week's Challenge. Cindy is the hostess for the week and has requested that we 'Add a Butterfly' Woozer imagine the excitement in my Butterfly Garden...some of these lovely creatures were about to be featured in the Timeless Tuesday Challenge.


I have to admit that this card took me longer than any other card I ever made!! Go figure...I work in my Butterfly Garden many hours every week so this should have been EASY PEASY. There were many revisions after my first try because my DH said my card looked 'MOROSE'...Yikes was it really that sad? Well I now am the proud owner of a basketful of discarded butterflies...but never fear...I'll add them to other cards. I used the Butterflies and Blossoms stamp set for this card.


The background was created by stamping the butterflies randomly with a rainbow stamp pad, (stamped off on scrap paper first) embossed with an embossing folder then sprayed with a fine mists to add some sheen. Some of the raised designs from this embossing folder resemble butterflies so I thought that it would be perfect for this card. You can see the multi colored background butterflies and the sheen from the misting in the above photo.


The larger butterflies were stamped on white cardstock and then fussy cut. The top layer butterfly was stamped on vellum.


Several half butterflies were added to the floral bouquet, each with a cardstock layer and a vellum layer. Several different dies and punches were used to create this bouquet. Gold pearls were applied to the  centers of the flowers

The Design Team has prepared some marvelous eye candy for you to enjoy. Check them out!

Hope you enjoyed my first Guest Designer card. Check back next week to see my next creation.

Back to creating cards in my Butterfly Garden. Don't be surprised if you see lots of random Flourishes butterflies appearing on my cards!

28 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

GORGEOUS card Marie! Love your butterfly garden! The embossed background adds such wonderful texture! Thanks for joining along with Flourishes!

Amanda said...

Stunning! I love how you placed everything and the great detailed work you put into it!! It's absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to see what you create next week :)

~ Amanda

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW this is gorgeous Marie, absolutely love it.
luv
Debby

Pauline said...

Wow! Marie, this is super beautiful! I love the butterfly and flower arrangement, so delicate and pretty!

Jessi Fogan said...

Wow! It may have taken a long time, but oh my, the final card? WOW. So incredibly beautiful & detailed. Obviously I'm with you on the gorgeous butterflies ;) and having them tucked into the flowers like that is how I always see them in the yard...just brilliant, Marie! I LOVE IT! And huge congrats on working with Flourishes - their images are so lovely, and you definitely do them justice :)

Helen Berry said...

My goodness, what a beautiful butterfly card!! So much work has gone into this and there's so much beautiful detail. Incredible flowers - love how you arranged them too.

Beate said...

Wow! Marie, your card looks gorgeous. I love your layered butterflies and flowers.
I am excited you are the guest designer this month!
Hugs and smiles

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL Marie, so EXCITING to have you design with us this month!!~

Sasha said...

Hi Marie,
Your card is beautiful!! Lots and lots of gorgeous layering on your flowers and butterflies. Such rich colours, too.
Congratulations! on being guest designer x

Silke Ledlow said...

Holy smokes...Marie...this is drop dead gorgeous! Welcome as our guest designer this month...can't wait to see more! Hugs ~S~

Lisa Elton said...

How nice of the butterflies from your garden to make an appearance on this STUNNING card! Glory be Marie this is EXCEPTIONAL! Great background, love the black flourishes peeking out and the half butterflies in the floral cluster are the perfect touch. BIG hug and congrats on your guest DT spot...well deserved!

Unknown said...

Oh Marie, this is absolutely stunning!! I love all of the butterflies and flower clusters you created!
I am very glad you are with us this month!
~Maki

Heather Rogers said...

WOW! Look at all that fabulous attention to detail. You rocked this challenge girl. Amazing! :)

Debbie said...

This is gorgeous, Marie!!! I'd love to see your first attempt, too, as I cannot fathom a card of yours looking morose!! Men! ;)

Nan G said...

Nothing morose about this card! It's stunning! With all the details you've put in this card you're butterfly garden must be spectacular too!

The Rubber Maid said...

Very beautiful work! Pat

Michelle said...

This is the most stunning card you have created, if you don't mind me saying! I'm in love with those realistic butterflies nested in the beautiful flowers!!!

stampqueen said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! I love all your butterflys!!!

flourishes said...

We are also dancing at Flourishes that you accepted our offer. Your creation is divine.

Jan Marie
Flourishes

Unknown said...

Stunning card Marie Love those beautiful floweers Hugs Elaine

Cheryl said...

OMGosh, Marie, this card is showstopping! I love that butterfly and flower grouping down in the corner, and adding the black flourish was a terrific design choice. Congrats on your FTTC GD gig! Have fun with it!

Kathy said...

Congrats to you Marie, and well deserved, I might add! This is phenomenal!! The dimension from the double layered butterflies is beautiful. The background is gorgeous, and your floral corner bouquet looks real. This is stunning!

Davi said...

Marie congrats on being TT guest and your card is really beautiful!! I love the embossing and gorgeous flowers :)

Kary said...

Congrats, Marie!! Your card is so beautiful. I love the butterflies. They look amazing!!

Unknown said...

Wow! What an incredible card with the most beautiful bouquet I've ever seen on a card. Gorgeous. Thank you for your kind comments on my blog too!
Ellie Maggie x

Greta said...

No wonder you're a guest designer--I'm totally in awe! Amazing, gorgeous card!

Theresa said...

WOW WOW WOW! I saw this when it first posted, I thought I commented. This is absolutely beyond stunning. The flower arrangement is amazing and the butterflies are gorgeous. Perfect embossing. I am so glad that Flourishes recognized your talent.

Leanne ... said...

Marie
I can see why this card took you so long to make. It is just beautiful. I am impressed with all the detail and those butterflies.


Congrads on guest designing for Timeless Tuesday Challenges.

I will be back soon. I enjoyed my visit. Hope you stop by my place sometime?

Hugs...Leanne