Thursday, April 28, 2011

CR84FN25 Color Challenge.


I found this color challenge a few days ago. This color challenge was definitely not in my comfort zone nor were they my "go to" colors. I signed up for their e-mail figuring I would wait for colors that I was comfortable with. This morning I decided to give this color combination a try, I was kicking and dragging my heels all the way! Picking out papers usually takes up more of my time than I would like to admit. Giving this challenge a try was going to eliminate some of the paper picking since the colors were chosen for me. Here is the challenge.









I have always been fascinated with "Asian" stamps, papers and cards so I made a "gate-fold" card keep an "Asian" theme in the back of my mind. The color "red" is often used in Asian art so I figured this was a safe bet. Here is my interpretation using this color scheme. The red flowers that were stamped don't look as red in the photo as they do in person, so pretend they do!
The stamp, punches papers and Mizuhiki "Paper" cord are from Hanko Designs.






Turquoise Stickles were used in the center of the stamped flowers.








All the flowers were placed on the aqua horizontal strip.





A thin magnetic was used to keep the floral strip in place when the card is closed.



I am pleased with my first attempt with these colors and will keep them in mind for future use.



Back to creating cards in my Butterfly Garden.

3 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Very pretty card Marie! Love the Asian theme! Such pretty flowers! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN:)

Deborah Frings said...

This is such a pretty card - love the oriental feel and subtle sparkle. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Jen Adcock said...

Wowweeee! What an incredible card! I love the not often seen Far East influences. So inspiring! Great job!