Monday, August 01, 2011

Hibiscus

I bought this hibiscus stamp while on vacation in Hawaii last February. It was screaming "ink me, ink me", so I decided I better make a card with this stamp so I could get some sleep tonight! I'm sure you have all purchased stamps then "the best laid plans of mice and men".....come on admit it...the stamps have "gone astray".

This card is for the Card Patterns challenge and the 'red & aqua' challenge at Our Creative Corner.




The stamp is from Island Paperie and it was made in HAWAII (not China). Coloring courtesy of Copic, embossing folder is Sizzix, die cuts are Nestabilities, floral paper DCWV, ribbon from JoAnn's and a supporting role from Stickles.

Here's the inspirational sketch for this card.




Back to creating cards in my Butterfly Garden.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Another beauty Marie.

Come play with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches. We have a great sketch this week. http://tuesdaymorningsketches.blogspot.com/

Elise said...

Ohhhhhh, my goodness - look at your gorgeous color choices and stunning use of texture: this is BEAUTIFUL! I love your use of the Card Pattern's sketch for this past week - I'm DELIGHTED that you took the time to share your lovely work with us! THANK YOU! Yee Haw!