Thursday, December 29, 2011

Dinner by Candlelight

This card was chosen for the Top Talent Award at Our Creative Corner.

This Christmas I placed candles on the mantle and tables for an added bit of ambiance. What makes this different for me is the fact that I have been unable to do this because I have little grandchildren. I worry about open flames when there are little, quick fingers around. Battery operated candles to the rescue. The challenge this week at Our Creative Corner is to use a scene from your home for inspiration. The candles provided my inspiration.


          
This Iris Folded candle uses scraps of paper from my stash. 




Gold embossing powder was used for the greeting inside the Nestie banner. The banner edges were lined with a Marvy Gold Calligraphy pen, a glue pen then glitter. The halo effect around the pseudo flame was made with a glue pen and glitter.




The fern is a 'Punch Bunch' punch and the gold flourishes are from a MFT die. Glitter was applied to the pearls for an added bit of sparkle.

Back to creating cards in my Butterfly Garden.

13 comments:

Pauline said...

Oh, this is just gorgeous! I love this technique, just not brave enough to try it myself! How beautiful!

Marie Bingaman said...

This is gorgeous, especially in my fav color! :)

Theresa said...

Very pretty. I love looking at Iris folded cards...don't like making them. They don't turn out this gorgeous. Love the ferns and pearls. Gorgeous!!

Marjie Kemper said...

Wow! This is so beautiful. And clever as well. I love the folding on the different papers to create that candle, and the glitter and greenery are wonderful add-ons. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Marie! Love the tea folded design and the beautiful embellishments! The gold shimmery edged label looks gorgeous! Happy New Year!

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful card thanks for sharing!!!

Sharon Wheet said...

I have to admit that I am not a big fan of iris fold. But WOW! I love your card! I love the different papers used for your candle and all the perfect details to your card! I am a new fan of iris fold thanks to your beautiful card, and your great creative production! WOW! stunning!
thank you for playing along with us @ OCC

Anne Marie Hile said...

Marie, this one has my jaw dropped! WOW!! That fold is stunning on your design and all of the wonderful details you added really make this a work of art. Absolutely gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner! Happy New Year! :)

Anonymous said...

This is stunning! Without a doubt this is a winner.

Sharon L

Pam Sparks said...

very pretty! love your creation!

Janine said...

Congratulations on your OCC win - what a beautiful card - love all the little details.

Julie Marshall said...

Wow...this is amazing! What a great idea to use this fold as the backdrop to this wonderful image.

AnnMarie said...

"WOW" What a beautiful card ,the details are just amazing and so are the embellishments. .Awesome work !!!!