Sunday, June 27, 2010

"Life" break


Last Thursday (June 24) was my daughter's birthday. I took a break from making cards from the "Life" stamp set so I could make her this birthday card. This uses another Papertrey Ink stamp set. The beauty of this set is that it has dies that match the stamps. LOVE IT :). No more scissor cutting. I find that I am sometimes scissor challenged when it comes to cutting around something that I have stamped. I really like the 3-D effect when an image is raised with a little foam tape.


I used a scrap of dotted lavender cardstock to die cut the flowers. After stamping the die cuts, with a black dye ink I added depth to the flowers and leaves using copic markers. A green dotted cardstock was used for the leaves. A little bit of flower soft added dimension to the center of the flowers. I am "lovin" rhinestones so of course I had to add a few to the center of the flowers. The background was stamped with the smaller flower and leaf from the "Delightful Dahlia" stamp set. Everything was highlighted with the Sakura Stardust clear gel pen that I bought at JoAnn's. (There are two in a package @$4.00/pkg)


The next post will show you more cards from the "Life" set. As I mentioned before ...I feel as though I get more for my money when I can make several cards from the same stamp set.


Back to creating cards in my Butterfly Garden.

No comments: