Thursday, October 07, 2010

STAMP OASIS @ SCS Flower City Gathering

Last Saturday, October 2, 2010, I participated in the Flower City Gathering in Rochester New York. It was a day full of stamping, friends, food and fun! I got this marvelous stamp in my "goodie bag". It is called "Spooky Tree" a Stamp Oasis stamp courtesy of Rubbernecker Stamps. Thanks to the wonderful people at Rubbernecker Stamps I was able to create this Halloween card.



Opalite ink pads using the direct to paper technique were applied to black cardstock. It is hard to photograph the sparkle that these ink pads add to dark cardstock. In the photo below you can see a few different shades of color on the background and a little of the sparkle.



I used Versamark and Egyptian Gold to emboss the "Spooky Tree". Isn't this the greatest Halloween tree you have ever seen! A Terra Cotta ink pad was streaked over a piece of gold stardream paper and was used for the moon which had been cut out with a craft knife. Several layers of tissue paper were used to die cut the Sizzix ghost. The bats (on the same die) were cut out of white stardream paper.




A glue stick was used only on the head of the ghost so that the layers appear to float.

Check out Rubbernecker Stamps to see the other stamps that they have. I think you will love what you see. I visited their site and have a list of stamps that I want to order.

Back to creating cards in my Butterfly Garden.

No comments: