Sunday, December 18, 2011

Snowman Soup

You don't really need Snowmen for this recipe but it sure did get your attention. Didn't it? (wink)

This is Week #3 of the the Sunday Stamping Series.  As the Guest Designer for December at the Inky Antics Blog, I had the privilege of using this fun stamp set to create a "Snowman Soup" (10936MC)...... All-in-one ..... gift and card. All I can say is 'yummy', 'yummy,' yummy'!


Don't you just love these adorable snowmen. I don't know about you but I'm always getting into "hot water" so I can relate to these cute guys!


The circles stamp from the set was used to create the background paper.  It was then covered with vellum that had been stamped in blue with the "Snowman Soup" stamp. The corners were punched with a Fiskar corner punch. The main image was colored with Prisma colored pencils, blended with Gamsol and then made into a "shaker." If you're counting....5 stamps were used on the front.



When you untie the ribbon, you'll find this delightful gift inside. Be sure to enlarge this photo so you can read the super cute poem. The hot chocolate with the stirring stick comes complete with instructions for making the 'soup'! Now how utterly adorable is that? The snowman lounging in the bowl with spoon in hand is sure to elicit smiles from anyone who sees it.  I used a cardboard CD literature holding folder to create this yummy gift. (more about the literature folder on the Inky Antics site)

No story can be completed without "The End" so here it is:


This makes a great "little something" gift. It is great to have a few of these made so you can have a "little something" for that unexpected guest or guests! 


Back to creating cards in my Butterfly Garden.

2 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

Oh my goodness Marie! This is soooo cute!! I love the set - I'm a sucker for snowmen.

Julie Marshall said...

This is adorable...a super cute snowman, a shaker box and some fabulous stamped paper. It doesn't get much better than that!