Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Oh Baby

This is another great week for challenges, 2012 is starting off on the right foot. That's for sure. So many challenges so little time. What's a gal to do? This card is for the Our Creative Corner challenge and the Mojo Monday sketch challenge.


The stamp is Penny Black and it was colored with Copic markers. The challenge at OCC is to use the inspirational photo to make a 'baby themed' item. When I looked at the photo, my eye was immediately drawn to the one, large, golden colored flower on top of the cake. The coral flowers and the tree got my attention next. So this card is an attempt to recreate those items. The bear is for the golden colored flower, bet you can figure out the rest (wink).




I took a few liberties with the Mojo Monday sketch. I can never cut two squares the same size so I replaced the squares with rectangles hahaha, rotated the sketch 90 degrees and made the center panel narrower. Here is the Mojo Monday Sketch so you can see the changes I made.


Back to creating cards in my Butterfly Garden.

6 comments:

Marjie Kemper said...

Now that I look at the photo after seeing your post, all I can see is that golden colored cupcake! Your bear is adorable. Love the coloring, and the whole card. Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner this week!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the way you've used the sketch Marie. This sleepy little bear is adorable ;)

Kathy said...

Beautifully done, love the golden color of the fur. Fun flower and pearl flourish embellies,too.

Theresa said...

This is just too precious. I love the bear...I love how he's sleeping - a bear after my own heart. Love the flowers.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Oh Marie, this is just beautiful! I love the colors, the layout and all of the gorgeous details you added. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner! :)

Anne Marie Hile said...

Oh Marie, this is just beautiful! I love the colors, the layout and all of the gorgeous details you added. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner! :)