Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Soft Romantic Colors

***This card won Honorable Mention***

Thought I try my hand with a TWO color palette challenge at Dynamic Duos.  Everyone is familiar with color challenges that are THREE or more colors. It is really a challenge to limit your choices to TWO colors. Here is my attempt for this challenge.


The headline in today's newspaper reads: "HEAT WAVE 2012....We need rain, we need rain..." With the lack of rain in mind, I thought I would create a "RAIN" card. The stamps are from SWALK and the bg stamp is Hero Arts (highlighted with a Sakura Stardust pen). The top part of paper pieced umbrella uses paper from a Heidi Grace pad. A clear POP Dot was used under the umbrella to give it more dimension. Copic markers were used to color the image and Glossy Accents were used in the puddle and on the rain drops.


This is the color palette that was used to create my card. Grab some papers and give this two color challenge a try....It is a fun to try a duo challenge.

Back to creating cards in my Butterfly Garden.


14 comments:

Sasha said...

She's very sweet, Marie. Your colouring and colour choices are fabulous x

Lisa Elton said...

Marie this is adorable! Love the highlights in her hair and the sweet paper pieced umbrella. Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

Pia S said...

This is such a cute card! The sweet image is beautifully colored, the backing paper is lovely.

Melissa said...

This is darling!! Love her pretty little umbrella and the scalloped frame! Thank you for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week! :)

Angela said...

Cute, Marie! Love the rounded corners...I always think that adds a lot!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card Marie and so adorable.
luv
Debby

Beebeebabs said...

Such a cute card and love the image - very nice coloring job. Thanks for the comment - it is a Kenny K image.
www.kennykdownloads.com

Debbie said...

This is beautiful!! Only having two colors didn't hinder your skills a bit!! :)

Theresa said...

This is just adorable. What a cute image. Love the two colors together and the pearls are the perfect touch.

Jessi Fogan said...

I love the sentiment! The font is awesome. The little cutie is coloured so wonderfully, and I love the lacy oval mat. I wonder if I'd find a 2-colour challenge easier - I've done some 3 or 4 combos, and *whines* it's hard!

Pauline said...

Marie, I do feel so sorry for you guys living and working in the intense heat. We have the complete opposite. Rain and grey skies for the last 7 weeks, with the odd day of respite. Today, more rain, almost non stop, I wish I could send it to you guys! Your little girl made me smile, this is us walking to and from school most days lol!! My umbrellas have never had such use! I hope your weather breaks soon xx

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Oh this is so adorable. It's such a gorgeous image and has been coloured beautifully. Glad you gave the two colour challenge a go. Thanks for playing along at Dynamic Duos.

Kim S said...

What a perfect use of these colors!! She and her umbrella are darling and I LOVE what you have done to back her up!

Cheryl said...

I hope you've had rain since making this card! Congrats on the Honorable Mention! This is adorable. I LOVE how you popped up the center of the umbrella, and your coloring is right on!