Sunday, September 05, 2010

Party Time





This is a photo of my fantastic granddaughters! Can you tell they were having a good time? They have been collaborating to cook a birthday feast for me since July. I had no idea what they were doing but apparently there were texts, e-mails and phone calls between them. They decided on the menu and made a grocery list. My two wonderful daughters provided the financial support for their ingredient list. The girls did all the planning and cooking. OMG what a great meal they prepared! : )





Tomatoes were chopped and made into a delicious bruschetta. Sliced chicken was used for a mouth watering Tuscan Chicken flat bread. After nibbling on the bruschetta and flat bread(alright I confess it was a lot more than a nibble) they brought out a tasty anti-pasta salad! This was just the appetizers and I'm already in "food heaven". The main course was vegetable OR meat lasagna. Not one but two choices! Grilled eggplant, zucchini, spinach, mushrooms and cheese were layered in perfect portions for the veggie lasagna. The meat lasagna had a combination of ground beef and sausage. Can you say delicious! I don't know what seasonings they used on the garlic bread but whatever they blended...it was tasty! We had broccoli, too!


Last but not least was the marvelous dessert. The girls decorated the "Tinkerbell" cake. They each contributed to this creation, making flowers, leaves, vines and Tinkerbell. Tink is one of my favorite Disney characters.



Our future is in good hands with these artistic and talented young ladies. I'm so proud of them.






I have been blessed to have such thoughtful and creative granddaughters and daughters. Thanks to the three granddaughters who cooked.....the two daughters that shopped, provided transportation, finances, a kitchen to cook in, washed dishes(for the cooks), and made sauce for the lasagna I had a birthday that will be remembered for many, many years.




1 comment:

lynda said...

Awww, what a wonderful way to celebrate your birthday. Happy birthday, sorry I missed it. Your granddaughters are lovely young ladies, and I can see why you are so proud of them. Enjoy!!