Sunday, June 12, 2011

CR84FN31 Color Challenge


Beautiful spring colors for this bi-weekly color challenge at CR84FN. The new bi-weekly format is perfect for the busy summer months ahead.



I decided to do a "plain 'n simple" card for this challenge. When I look at the highly embellished cards, I wonder....."How do you mail them, how much extra will it cost, do I have time to make a trip to the post office"? The challenge at "Lilac Inkers" for the month of June was to create a card using one layer. The Less is More site states: "One piece of card folded in half with no additional layers and minimal embellishments, where the image is stamped or printed directly onto the cardstock". YIKES it was hard ;-0 (I will be posting the challenge cards later today so check back to see what the ladies created)



I deviated a little for this card and used 2 layers.




Spellbinders Rose Blossom edgeability, Cuttlebug embossing folder and Copic markers were used to create this card.



This is the challenge sketch.




Back to creating card in my Butterfly Garden.

2 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Marie! I love how you showcased the Spellbinders Rose garden so beautifully and the embossed layer looks wonderful! I've neglected that die~ thanks for the inspiration and thanks for playing along with CR84FN :)

Shannon White said...

Oh my gosh! How Pretty is this! Love it!

Hugs!
Shannon