Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Shabby Tea Room #67

Are you ready for a fun week of inspiration and creativity in the Tea Room? If so check out the beautiful cards that the DT has designed and don't miss the creative entries. Be sure to leave a little love! Grab some papers and play along. Using the photo as inspiration create a card or project using the colors in the photo AND polka dots and/or gingham.


Here is the card I created using the above recipe. I used all the ingredients just like I do when I cook or bake. Ha Ha Ha


This was a "fun" card to make. The flower and leaf dies are from PTI, the butterfly (which I seem to be using a lot lately) is from C.C. Designs. The pink gingham paper is from a Heidi Grace paper pad that I purchased at JoAnn's, green polka dot paper is DCWV, rhinestones are Recollection and the edger is Martha Stewart. I slightly curled the leaves and flower to give it a little more dimension then used foam tape to keep the shape. Plaid Extreme Glitter was lightly brushed on the flower and leaves to give them a little glitz. Coloring was done with Copic markers.

Back to creating cards in my Butterfly Garden.

10 comments:

Lana said...

This is beautiful! Love the flower with leaves!

Sheri said...

This is simply BEAUTIFUL! Wonderful job with this challenge! Thanks for sharing with us at the Tea Room ;)

Debbie said...

Just BEAUTIFUL! So clean, yet so stunning! The pink gingham is adorable and I love those bling-y swirls!! Thanks for sharing your card with us in the Tea Room this week, Marie :)

Christina said...

Wow! Your coloring is just gorgeous! I had to click on it to see more detail, because it is really lovely. The rhinestone flourish adds a wonderful finishing touch, too.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, so pretty! Love the pretty flower (your coloring is amazing)... the swril bling looks perfect. :o)

Tina said...

Wow! In the close-up pic, I thought you paper pieced the flowers, but you said you used copics to color! Amazing coloring! The whole card is fabulous. I am adding you to my reader so I never miss a post! (Found you thru Inky Antics blog ... thanks Jackie!)

Pattie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pattie said...

Sorry - I made a booboo in my comment!
Oh how stunning! I just love these colors and you have inspired me to pull out my PTI stamps and dies for this set! Thanks for playing along with us in the Tea Room this week! Love it!

Sue Lelli said...

Marie, LOVE the gingham and the flourish but most of all LOVE your coloring on that FAB flower! PRETTY card!

Mary Jo said...

love the colors and the flower and flourish. Very Pretty