Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Through the Looking Glass

The challenge at Our Creative Corner this week is to make a papercraft item that uses a window as a focal point. I love the look of window type cards, they can sometimes transport you to fun, colorful places. I love flowers so I am looking out my window at some beautiful daises. Come look out the window with me.




The stamp is Lazy Susan Buggies from High Hopes which was colored with Copic markers. Nesties were used to create the window, a Sizzix die for the foliage and Marvy punches for the flowers. The DP is from a K & Co, pad.  An Outlines Stamp was used for the sentiment. Faux stitching was done with a fine detail pen.




For an added twist I chose to turn my window into a shaker card. You can see the beads, fibers and holographic hearts in the above photo. I also stamped a few extra bees, one is foam mounted in the center of the flower on the left. Rhinestones, pearls, and a Sakura gel pen (bees wings) added just  a touch of bling.

Back to creating cards in my Butterfly Garden.

7 comments:

Patrice said...

beautiful coloring

Angela said...

Stunning!

Kathy said...

Very cool, love the window. I actually feel like I'm looking out one at the daisies. This is really neat and so well done Marie. Love it.

Theresa said...

You did fabulous on this. I love the window and the image is wonderful. Great coloring too!!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

So pretty...this card makes me wish we were approaching spring and not fall!! Thanks for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is absolutely wonderful! I love everything about it - the colors, the images, the way it's designed as a shaker card - very sweet. Great job on the window challenge. So happy you joined in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Marie! That flower garden looks wonderful! Love the soft color palette!