Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Spring has Sprung

Hope you are enjoying glorious weather where ever you live. I love all the wonderful colorful flowers that are in bloom this time of year. Beate is our hostess this week at Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge. She has challenged us to create a card with one of Flourishes gorgeous flowers stamps. The challenge for me was to decide which stamp to choose. So many beautiful possibilities. Since it is said 'you never forget your first'...I chose to use the first Flourishes stamp set that I purchased. On with the show....


This center step card was made with the Cherry Blossoms stamp set which can be seen HERE. The sprig of Cherry Blossoms were stamped 3 times, once for main image and the others were used for individual fussy cut flowers. All were colored with Copic markers.  Foam dots were used to apply some flowers to the focal point and the others were used to adorn the die cut base at the bottom. The two side panels were embossed to add texture without taking away from the beautiful flowers. Acrylic yellow paint was applied with a toothpick for the centers of the flowers.

Are you ready to be inspired?  If so check out fantastic the cards that the DT has created.

This is my fourth week as the Guest Designer at Flourishes...I'm still dancing and singing around the May pole. What a fantastic time I'm having being associated with this top notch DT. Kinda like rubbing elbows with the elite! tee hee

A very special warm welcome to Marilyn, my newest follower. So honored that you have chosen to follow me through the blogosphere.  I'll be stopping by to visit you in a day or two.

Back to creating cards in my Butterfly Garden.

27 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh gorgeous card Marie
luv
Debby

Jessi Fogan said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Marie! The edge die detail with the ribbon & blossoms is so incredibly gorgeous & delicate - I love it! And the butterfly & leaves are the perfect embellishments. I use toothpicks for those kind of details too! Aren't they handy?

Beate said...

Marie, your card looks amazing. I LOVE the popped up flowers. Simply beautiful!

KimCreate said...

Oh my gosh, This card is gorgeous! This was my first Flourishes stamp set too. I need more! You really did a beautiful job with this card.
Congrats on being guest designer, something I dream of doing someday with Flourishes.
Kim :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome card!Very very pretty....

Lynne said...

Many lovely elements to this card. Well done.

Michelle said...

This card leaves me speechless, Marie! The border at the bottom is just the prettiest thing I have ever seen!!! This card blows my mind!!!!

Amanda said...

This is simply the prettiest I have ever seen those Cherry Blossoms!! You really out did yourself and I am just loving all of your detailed work!!! I can't wait to see what you have next week!

~ Amanda :)

Lisa Elton said...

Hello sweet friend! I am in love with this pretty card of yours. Everything in it flows together so beautifully! Your border along the bottom with the little blossoms is the perfect touch.

Unknown said...

Marie, this is so gorgeous!! I love the center step card and how you stamped the cherry blossoms. The little blossoms on the border are just perfect!

Debbie said...

This is gorgeous, Marie!! Love it!!

Heather Rogers said...

So very pretty, Marie. I love the 3D image. :)

Hugs~

flourishes said...

Marie this is really a stunning. Thanks for being a Guest Designer for Flourishes.
Jan Marie
Flourishes

Beebeebabs said...

Wow absolutely gorgeous tfs!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Marie! Love the shading of the beautiful Cherry blossoms and that butterfly adds a touch of elegance!

Marilyn said...

Pretty! Love the dimension of the flowers and the design and layout are wonderful!

Karen W said...

Gorgeous and you did a fabulous job on the DT all month!!

Colleen said...

Marie,
This is so beautiful.

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is a gorgeous creation. Wonderful dimension and coloring. The embossing and border are beautiful touches.

Cindy Haffner said...

Such a BEAUTY!!~

stampqueen said...

Awesome job with the cherry blossums - wonderfully colored!!!

Marlena M. said...

Your card is so beautiful Marie! I love the border and intricate flowers.

The Rubber Maid said...

Very lovely! Pat

Anne-Elise said...

Just gorgeous, Marie! Love the cherry blossoms and the butterfly!

Silke Ledlow said...

Marie, your center step card is fabulous! Love everything about this card! Hugs ~S~

Cheryl said...

Marie, you've outdone yourself with this card! The popped up flowers make the image look so real. Love the colors you used for this card. The muted green tones the bright pink down just right. And, OMG...I just noticed all the fussy cut flowers across the ribbon border! Spectacular!

Kathy said...

This is stunning! Love the image and how you've fussy cut some and popped them up. The border threaded with ribbon and topped with blossoms is just over the top gorgeous! What a great card Marie! You may feel like you are rubbing elbows with the elite, but I think you are the elite, my friend! You're cards never cease to amaze!