Wednesday, October 16, 2013

SCS Review


I'm back to share some of the wonderful paper crafting projects from the Flower City SCS Get Together. What a fabulous day it was! Ideas galore, fabulous "make in takes", great fun with fellow 'paper addicts' and delicious food.

There were many wonderful gifts in the 'handmade' gift exchange.


This is the beautiful gift that I received. A fabulous mixed media idea! Definitely on my CASE list.

Here are a few pics of some of the other 'handmade gifts".


What a beautifully coordinated multi purpose gift!



A marvelous way to use those left over 1 " cardstock strips that are cut off from the 12" X 12" papers. Just coil them and attach to a Styrofoam wreath frame!




This is a wonderful mini album....for more info....just google.... "Follow the Paper Trail Mini Albums"...be prepared to be blown away by the creativity!

The card swap was exceptional here are some of the different cards from that swap:



Here are some more....


In addition to all these great ideas there were 'make-in-takes'!!!


These six cards were included in the days activities. And......



This FAB box with a surprise inside....




delicious Hershey Nuggets....yum, yum, yum! But wait there's more.....





This delightful box with.....


a pop-up slot inside to hold a gift card!

There were 41 different cards on display throughout the day.


and more....


and more...

 and more....



and last but not least....


You probably notice that there was a little overlapping from photo to photo but I wanted to be sure that I photographed each and every card/project on display!!!


These are the "shoebox" cards that were made at the table that I was sitting at....



In addition to all the delicious food and the GREAT projects....we each came home with a glue stick, pop dots and 9 plastic containers to recreate the 'gift card' box and the 'Hershey Nugget' box. :-) :-) There were also door prizes and one lucky lady won all 41 cards that were on display!!!

Let the 'countdown' to next year begin!!

I'll be back to share some of the other projects that were done and some close ups of various cards....

But before I do that....I am attending another get together on October 26, 2013 about 1 1/2 hrs from my home. This one is all about Christmas....each participant designs ONE card and 20 kits for making this card.  In addition to the kits, 4 assembled cards are also necessary (one for a sample at the crafting table, one for each of the 2 hostesses and one for a lucky 'door prize' winner). Christmas over load here I come!!! This particular 'get together' is 'NEW to ME' so it will be very interesting. I must thank Maria my Lilac Inkers friend to convincing me to go with her to this Christmas gathering.

Back to creating cards in my Butterfly Garden.













5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

WOWZA Marie what a haul!!! Looks like it was quite a successful day with tons of inspiration. Can't wait to see the goodies from your next gathering. Sure wish I lived close to you ;)

Jessi Fogan said...

So much awesome! That wreath has me intrigued... :) The Christmas one sounds really well-timed for the crush to get all those holiday cards finished up! (Kitting 20...wow, I'd be so bored. Doing 5 taxes me!)

Sue Lelli said...

WOW! What a FAB day! LOVE your photos! How FUN this must have been!

Angela said...

Wow! It looks and sounds as if this was an amazing day! I can't wait to see pictures of the next get-together!

Hope all is well with you!

Debbie said...

Sounds and looks like you had a wonderful day!! Inspiration overload!!