Saturday, May 26, 2012

Pals Thank You

Sketches are so helpful when creating a card. I found a great sketch at Pals Paper Arts so since I never met a sketch I didn't like...I decided to play along.


I am really loving the CAS look and have found that it isn't easy to achieve. I love my embellishments! The papers are from October Afternoon, stamps from Clear Dollar Stamps, ribbon, pearls and button from Michaels and  pearl pen (flower centers and tag) from Raisin Boat. Glossy accents was used over the jar area.

This is the sketch that I used to create my card. This time I didn't turn the sketch on it's side!!


Back to creating cards in  my Butterfly Garden.

12 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Sweet and summery Marie! The scallops along the top make this look like your little jar of flowers is in a flower shop window ;)

Unknown said...

Oh, Marie, I love this sweet card. The papers you used are just perfect! Really great job.
Hugs,
Sheri

Anne-Elise said...

What a lovely and sweet card, Marie! Love the flowers and the jar, the tag with the bow and the button! Just beautiful!

Ann Schach said...

What an adorable card! I love the plaid paper paired with the stripes! The pearls are the perfect touch! Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

Kary said...

Hi Marie! Your card is gorgeous!! Love your colouring and the light glow around the flowers is so lovely. Have a fabulous weekend!

Jessi Fogan said...

So excited to see your win at Playing in Paradise :) Your card blew me away! And I love this one - I find CAS a big challenge too, since, well, yeah, embellies! They're too fun to pass up :) Love the shiny vase & the fab layered bow!

Beebeebabs said...

Such a lovely card - love it thanks for sharing!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty. Fresh cut flowers that you colored wonderful and great job with the sketch.

Cheryl said...

So pretty! I love the clean look of this card. That jar looks like real glass...did you add something to it, or just color it to look that way? Great mix of dps, too.

Pauline said...

This is just lovely, what a wonderful image, and I love the colour and papers you used.

Angela said...

I agree, CAS isn't easy.... This is lovely...simply elegant!

Kathy said...

This is really darling Marie. It may be CAS, but you give so much attention to detail that it really comes together so well. Love the gloss on the jar, perfect!