Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Card Pattern Sketch #114


Here is another great sketch from Card Patterns. You should stop by and see all the creative cards that people have designed. I get so many new ideas looking at the various cards. I am constantly amazed by all the talented people and their ideas. "I wish I had thought of that" is a phrase that I am constantly repeating.


Here is my card:





The stamped birds and birdhouses are from "See D's" which is no longer around :( The birds and birdhouses were colored with Copic markers. Sigh...sure do love these markers. The embossed background is Cuttlebug and the verse is one of the verses from "Bird Quotes" at Stamping Sensations. A Nestability die was used to frame the verse. I used Flower Soft at the base of the birdhouse and around the verse. The vine and leaves were hand drawn with Prisma colored pencil. (I stamp better than I draw, so pretend the vines and leaves are beautiful!) Cut 'n dry with white ink was used to highlight the embossed background and Copic markers were used for the shadows. A cloud template was used for the sky. Lots of "stuff" for such a small card!


This is the Card Patterns Sketch that I used to design my card.




Another challenge later today. Tomorrow I will post pictures of tonight's Lilac Inkers challenge.



Back to creating cards in my Butterfly Garden.

1 comment:

anja curvers said...

I love that image very clever use of the sketch thank you for playing along with cardpatterns.